JohnZak’s Surgery

It’s all over with for now

Well the operation went great at Riley. I was in and out of the operation room in around two hours, which is a lot shorter then they were exspecting. I feel a lot better and my feet are feeling better. I am able to walk more normal and I have balance now.

Thats all i’m putting in this post, and it will problably be my last one since no one really looks at it. just a couple people every couple days. so if you want to know more just let me know or call me.

February 28, 2008 Posted by | Second Surgery | Leave a comment

We have a date

Well we finally get the call and set the date for my next operation. I’ll be going to to riley childrens hospital on Feb. 27. They are going to use the bollon thing to exspand my aorta. And then they are going to install the stint. It will be an overnight stay, just in and out. So hopfully everything goes ok.

February 14, 2008 Posted by | Second Surgery | Leave a comment

Second (Six Week) Checkup ~ New plans for second surgery

Last Thursday I went to Lutheran to see Dr. Scavo for my six week checkup. I really can’t believe it has been six weeks since my first surgery. I guess when you don’t do anything except lye around the house, times goes by slower then you can ever imagine.  When I went in at 7am, I first got a blood pressure test done for my legs. They attached blood pressure cuffs up and down my legs, and even on my big toe. And half and hour later we were done.  After that test I went to the other part of the hospital and say Dr. Scavo. While with him we got the results and it turns out the pressure in my legs in 100 percent normal. But the pressure in my feet are only 60 percent of what they should be. He didn’t even look at my chest once. After he got the results of my test and some other stuff, and my mom and I talked to him for awhile, he brought up an idea about changing the plans for the next step. He wants to change the date of my next surgery from April to ASAP.  He is hoping that after my descending aorta is fixed, the pain in my feet will go away, but there is no guarantee about it.  The reason he wants to move my surgery up instead of waiting until I am stronger and gain more weight is because there is this operation called a stint. And that operation is not a surgery at all, so they will not have to cut me open, and put me on bypass. This causes it to be a lot less risky.  The only thing we are waiting on to see if I am going to do this operation, is that it would cause me to have to go to Indianapolis to have it done. And the doctor down there is still deciding if he able to do my case, and if he wants to. But anyways, as soon as my appointment with Dr. Scavo was over, he went straight to the phone and called the doctor in indi and called in some favors to get him to even look at my files. So Dr. Scavo faxed over some of my files right away to indi, and used FedEx to ship ALL my files down him.  Now we are just waiting for a phone call any day now on the decision. If it is a yes, then I will be going down to indi. And we should know by the end of this week.  Oh and by the way, a stint is just when they go up the main vain in my leg, up to my aorta, and install a small device that will expand and expand the narrowing in my descending aorta. I’ll post an update as soon as we know something. Please pray that the right decisions are made.

February 11, 2008 Posted by | Second Surgery | Leave a comment